DriveEzMD.com is the main website for the new Maryland Tolling Program. This program aims to make your drive E-Z’er by providing innovative toll payment options that keep Maryland moving!
Maryland toll facilities are administered by the Maryland Transportation Authority.
The construction and maintenance of many roads in Maryland have been paid for with State and federal taxes. However, while transportation needs have increased, government budgets have decreased.
Toll roads offer a way to meet transportation challenges without raising taxes. Only those who use the facilities are charged for their upkeep and maintenance.
Roads are tolled for four reasons:
- To pay for a roadway that can’t be built soon enough with available resources
- To pay for the continued maintenance and operation of a roadway
- To pay for other transportation improvements in the area, such as work on highways, bridges and tunnels, travel plazas or toll facilities
- To help with traffic management and congestion
Toll roads offer economic, quality of life and safety benefits that can be delivered years sooner than they could be using other funding methods.
Visit Account Types to explore three convenient, cash-free ways to pay Maryland tolls.
- E-ZPass is the most economical option, with discount plans optimized for commuters and other regular toll users.
- Pay-By-Plate is a hassle-free way to charge tolls to your credit card as you drive.
- Video Tolling is best suited to those who use toll facilities infrequently and prefer receiving a notice of toll due (NOTD) in the mail.
If you still can’t decide which payment method is right for you, contact us:
Toll rates may vary by facility, vehicle type, account type, or real time traffic conditions.To calculate the tolls for your trip, visit our Toll Rate Calculator.
You may also view toll rate details by facility on the MDTA site:
You can find up-to-date information about which payment methods are accepted at each Maryland toll facility by visiting the Toll Rate Calculator.